So I had two panic attacks this week. One was out of the blue, and the other was for a very minor reason. I am okay, but it was just intense and I keep on dwelling on it, and I felt very shaken up about it. I feel a lot better, but I’ve been busy, although I know I need to take care of myself, I don’t have time to take a night for myself. So I’m trying to incorporate little things that I love to go into my busy schedule to help me. I mean, I’m writing this blog post, and writing always helps. So I am giving you my list of things I like to do to pick myself up after a hard panic attack. If you’ve ever been through one. They come out of nowhere, they shake you up, and they are emotionally and physically draining. Sometimes it’s also hard to get on with your day after.
- Meditate- Meditation is the best thing of life let me tell you. Meditation can come in so many ways. It can be in the form or writing, singing, praying, reading, or just straight up sitting in a cross-legged position on a yoga mat going full-on boho. I like to meditate outside barefoot on my yoga mat. Granted sometimes I meditate in different ways, but I love sitting there on my mat, feeling the grass in between my toes at the edge of it. Breathing in all of the sents around me and just taking it all in. I think I pray, sometimes I even shut down for a full 30 minutes. This is one of the most helpful things after a panic attack because most of all its a brief time to breathe in and breathe out, and that is one of the most important things to do right after. Considering you generally hyperventilate beforehand.
- Replenish yourself- Panic attacks are mentally and physically draining, so please, eat some food, and drink some water.
- Talk to someone!- Talking to someone even if they don’t deal with stuff like this is better than keeping it in. In fact, it just causes you too well up your emotions and you risk the chance of a mental breakdown. And man we’re trying to get that negative energy out of here!
- Repeat mantras or affirmations- Speaking of positive vibes only, when you panic, often after you feel so overwhelmed like a negative cloud is still over you even after, but you can’t let it ruin your whole day, or your life for that matter. So whisper positive afirmations under your breath. Don’t be hard on yourself. You already went through enough physically.
- Take the night off- Take the night off, put yourself back together. Do your favorite stuff. Dress yourself up, get comfy, listen to music etc.
- Build a fort- Build a fort somewhere in your house make it comfy. Put lots of blankets in it, and lots of pillows. Get your computer, and some candles. Being in a fort also makes you feel more like a kid, and you can lay low and relax.
- Watch movies- Movies are the best I love watching Clueless, and School of Rock. I prefer watching comedies, or like 90’s-20’s movies.
- Listen to music- Music is the way the soul speaks when words don’t work so well and my friends are good listeners, but they have horrible advice but I know they’re always there for me but they’re boys and they’re bad at giving advice. So music helps a lot. My Spotify playlists (Running and Thinking, and Problematic help a lot) ispat1000
- Take care of yourself- Drink water, eat food, be nice to yourself.
This isn’t something to be ashamed of or to get mad of yourself about, this is something to accept as a part of you, but always work to minimize it’s affect on your life. Because you can always have a bad day, but in the end, it is our choice to have a bad life. I love you all. Like and follow for more.