“She is beauty, she’s grace, she has a double chin face”
-Jessie Paege (my favorite YouTuber)
How to Survive High School: Relationships (pt. 1 dating)
Hello people of the internet, it’s Issie. Continuing the series of How to Survive High School here’s another post all about relationships and for this post I’m talking about the dating side of relationships rather than friendships. So let’s jump in.
I’ve made a list of things to talk about so hopefully all my talking points make sense.
When you have a crush and you’re flirting with your crush before you jump into a relationship think about what you want from this relationship, and where you want it to go. My boyfriend asked me out today one month ago (9/22/17). I as I mentioned in a post before I have a fear of any sort of relationships but when we were flirting I thought about the relationship I wanted to have. I thought about where I wanted the relationship to go. When you can visualize the relationship, and you visualize it going well you attract the vibes you put out. Personally when I date I date thinking about the long run , marriage, as crazy as that sounds as a teen saying that to you. But it’s true, and that is the idea of dating to get to know and make connections with the person you like so you can eventually make a permanent commitment to each other, and I think that’s what people forget. That’s why it’s so important to know what you want even before you get into a relationship.
Going along with before the relationship, you need to trust your gut, and your friends about the person, just because you like them and you like the idea of the relationship doesn’t mean you have to compromise yourself. You also have to be able to read the signs when flirting, if the dude sounds like he just wants to get into your pants while texting and flirting and you want a long term relationships, don’t get into it. You have to be smart. Do what’s best for you.
When you finally get to the place where you’re dating this person, it;s important that you don’t replace your best friends. I have seen so many people do this before your best friends were there for you long before you found this guy who you think is the love of your life. In fact you’ll need them because one thing you should definitely remember is when you’re in high school everyone makes your relationship everyone’s business. I’ve seen people spread rumors, people jump to conclusions, and they just make it their business and it’s definitely to have friends by your side for that.
Next thing that I felt I should put in, don’t cheat. That’s just wrong.
As I mentioned before on the knowing what you want out of the relationship before you get into it, you have to define the relationship with the other person. It’s important to set a Godly example. And to tell you what you do or do not want to do, where you want to take this relationship, what’s your end goat (usually mariage) but you have to let them know.
And probably my best and most important piece of advice is before you love someone else you have to love yourself. Ed Sheeran said it best.
So yeah that’s all I got and just things I think that are important values if you want a long, strong, and healthy relationship.
Remember, good vibes=good life, talk to you on Wednesday.
One of the things I haven’t done since July is take pictures, and I miss photography so much as I mentioned before in monday’s post. Today is Friday October 13, 2017. Despite what people may think I am having the absolute best day. I woke up to the cool air, and for the first time in a long time I went on Instagram. It was cool seeing the inspiration from my favorite artsy youtubers and to send memes to all my friends. When I finally got out of bed I woke up alone, put on my slippers, and read my bible verse of the day.
“Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, nut always strive to do what is good for each other and for everyone else.”
-Thessalonians 5:15 NIV
Walked out to the living room. The house was silent. I was alone, and so happy. I popped on chromecast and connected to my Spotify playlist, and put on some indie tunes perfect for waking up in the morning.
I made myself some black tea because I need caffeine, and with my music whaling in the background I made a list of all the things I wanted to do, and at the top of that list was to have a photoshoot, and I did.
As soon as I could I threw on some fall makeup, a cute outfit, grabbed my tripod, Rose (my Canon) and away I went. I initially looked for some walls to shoot on. I found this shed with some shadows, set up my camera so that it’s level and away I went. I began with black and white.
Depending on the picture I clearly was playing around with the ISO levels, and the angle of the camera was pointing down more for the lower shots.
The last few are the only ones in color with this background.
Right next to that their are some trees, and stuff so I decided to take pictures there for more of a fall forest kind of edge. I also figured it might work for a banner picture. I had to change the angle of the camera upwards for these pictures, and for the darker it is the higher the ISO level is I don’t think I went past 1600.
Neked I moved over like two steps and changed the angle of the camera to this fence on the road and took some cute kind of adventurous renegade pictures.
Once again just moved the camera in the form of another right angle and found this wood wall.
Those were all the pictures I took for this short photoshoot. All of these are unedited, and taken today. It made my heart so happy to pop on my playlist, and go crazy with my creativity, and I finally have some decent Instagram pictures! Not to mention the website needed a change from the picture of the spring butterfly, and my friend at the beach… it is fall after all.
Do what makes your heart happy, and take time for yourself. Remember, Good Vibes=Good Life.
Back to school edition!
Wow back to school season… I don’t want to go. But, I start on Thursday. Yep, I’m a Sophmore now (in case you were wondering). I don’t know what I feel going into this year. I’m on the cross country team, I’m a huge member of the FFA, I have great friends, and I’m making some more and it’s not making me anxious. I’m looking forward to the dances, the cross races, the football games and the nights with my friends making me feel happy and alive. I aso may be taking some really hard advanced classes but I am taking guitar so I can finally be a part of the band family.
But at the same time, when I walked into the library to pick up my books before school I saw all the people I’ve known since pre school. It’s just weird because I felt this overwhelming feeling of being confined and being left out. Small town problem I guess. I’m also starting to get anxious a lot more in social situations and instead of having panic attacks, or other things, I have a mental breakdown and my body starts to shake and then I breakdown and cry, and I don’t cry.
But let’s be honest here, I shouldn’t be getting anxious. I finally have a great group of friends and I don’t have to go through some of the things I did last year. But the fear of the unknown is always a hard thing I guess. I’m taking almost all advanced classes, and I still don’t know anyone who’s taking them with me.
School can be a drag, but it doesn’t have to be a living hell. You should always look on the bright side. Sorry about my rant, but I figured someone else out there would feel better because of it.
In the end , school is probably going to be great and I have nothing to worry about, but yet I still worry. :p
In the end I’m going to go to school, and I could either drag myself through the entire experience, or I could choose to enjoy the entire experience and face it head on. And I chose to face anything head on that’s why this year is going to be my year.
So I’ll catch you on the flip side!
I changed my theme on my blog, and I will be adding some portfolio pictures as I have gotten into my photography more. Remember that if you find me tolerable, like and follow for morethe button is down bellow.
Hello people of the internet! It’s Issie. Right now I’m currently in San Diego. I’m spending some time with family. I come here every summer before I go back to school to visit my family. It’s funny, because it kind of mentally prepares me and relaxes me before school starts.
I have been dreaming of coming here this summer and training for cross country, and it’s so nice to go for a run in the morning and to not have to get up at 5:30am to go run to beat the heat where I live.
So today is San Diego day 2.
Day one recap:
I boarded the plane around 4
Honestly, I am so blessed, because I got to sit by myself! Although their was this nice elderly woman named Carmen who seemed like she didn’t fly much. She sat across that tiny ile way that I can barely fit through, yeah, that one on the plane. She too, also sat alone. During the entire flight we would awkwardly make eye contact and make faces to each other, because we couldn’t hear each other from so far away. She was such a nice lady.
These mountains are a good sign the flight is almost over. Because the ocean is right over that horizon.
Dinner and a show. A European cookie, and water. Oh, and if you realize that that movie is Disney’s The Sword and the Stone, you are the MVP’s.
The airport happens to be right near the Harbor, so that’s where I happened to go to first.
The harbor is normally filled with life, with people selling their trinkets and music pouring all over the place, but this was not the case this time. Although I did find some cool things.
One of them being this epic band of teenagers! They played at a cafe, they were so good and professional, and they sang all original songs.
Woke up, and I didn’t have to force myself to get out of bed to run!
It was a peaceful morning drinking my water listening to the Crisp Leaves & Lattes playlist on spotify by Kalyn Nicholson, on of my favorite YouTubers. It’s a playlist with a bunch of indie music, which sometimes I like to listen to just for the peaceful vibes. Then I got ready and got to go run by the bay. (My dream for about a half a year now was to train running on the bay/beach).
It was an overcast morning, but then the sun broke through, so I got ready to go exploring at Balboa Park.
The science museum was packed so then I ended up going exploring/photoshoot.
Then I met and sang along with this man. He’s a cover artist working on his own stuff. He’s very talented with his guitar, and I bought his cover album he recorded himself. Also he has two dogs, so gotta support that. He has an absolutely beautiful voice and amazing talent.
That’s him and his name, go find him!
I must say, Balboa park is flowing with culture, amazing people and music flowing from every corner. As well as beautiful floriculture and more.
Today was quite an adventure. I can’t wait for what else is going to happen.
I’ll talk to you guys on Monday, until then, I’ll catch you on the flip side.
July 17, 2017
What is up people of the internet?! It’s Issie, how are you? I hope you’re having a wonderful life. So I am on county fair 3/3. I am honestly so glad to finally be done. I showed dairy goats and breeding goats this time around. I won first in my breeding class, and I won supreme champion registered goat as well. Pretty good for my first time every showing dairy goats.
It was such a long week by the end of it, but it meant the world to me that I got to see my fair best friend.
I also may have cut myself with my pocket knife. I would not stop bleeding, I had to go to the local ER. Surprisingly I didn’t get stitches, I just got it glued together. I felt absolutely no pain during the entire process, and I went back to working the very next day. But I gotta say, it’s hard to type and text with one thumb.
I got to spend a great night with my my girl, and I got to help all of my friends show. I also got to see lots of great older friends of mine that I only get to see once a year. It was some pretty great times, and I can’t wait to go once again with my best friend Andrea.
Oh, and lot’s of the pictures I put in placed very well, and one of my pictures won best of show!
This fair can sometimes be a bunch of overwhelming drama, but this was an amazing fair.
On Thursday I’m off to San Diego, by the time you read this I’m already there.
So that’s my life right now. Thanks again for your support and love on my blog and my posts. Magazine writing and photography is what I hope to do for a living, and this blog is a really strong passion of mine. So like, comment, and subscribe, and I’ll catch you on the flip side.
July 6, 2017
Hello to the internet. How is everyone doing? I’m sore, but I’m doing quite well. I am so focused on training it’s ridiculous, but I love it. I want to say thank you to everyone who has stuck with me and has liked and subscribed and commented on my post, that means everything to me.
So I decided to do a My Faith Monday post because my faith has come a long way. In the last post I described that you get into habits with faith and you find the most amazing things happening (My Faith Monday #3) and I also go over how to get into those habits. This is the evolution of those habits. My body hurts so much but I’m pushing myself more and more in every run. I call on God when I need strength, and sometimes the pain is eased, or even better the big guy blesses my playlist with that epic track that makes me sprint after already running for 30m. And when you’re a band trash freak with Spotify, but not spotify premium because you can’t afford that as a teen (shameless self promo Spotify ispat1000) and you get blessed with that epic track it means everything.
Speaking from experience when you call on God when you’re going through a hard time times can get even harder, but you have to keep the faith. Because when things seem to get worse God is working in your life. It may not seem like it but when it gets hardest is when you need to have His faith and support to help you face your fears. That’s the hard thing, when you call on him, and things ultimately get as bad as they seem they can get that’s the time you need to stand up and face your fears, because it will always get better.
I was so scared of Cross Country for awhile. Scared of the pain, scared of falling, and failing. But I made a commitment, and although I may be slow, I am running the right amount of miles I should be. I had to face my fear. Sure I go through pain, but when I get out there to run I feel free and alive, and I feel stronger than I ever could be when I sprint when everything hurts, it’s like cutting through air and sometimes I actually scream because of how much it hurts but I know I can handle it. I’m not pushing myself too hard. It may be hard, but Philippians 4:3 I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. (I wrote that on my Nikes, that’s why I remember it. )
So remember when you call on God amazing things can happen and he will meet you halfway, as long as you take his hand and face your fears, you will never be alone. Things can always get better.
Thanks again for all the support, please like and subscribe, and comment for more, and check out my Instagram @thatgirlissie I post every time a blog post goes up.
Remember I’m speaking from experience, I’ll catch you on the flip side!
July 2, 2017
Wooooooooooo. I don’t know. I’m just writing. This is how my mind works.
How are you? I’m doing well if you were curious. Having one of the greatest summers of my entire life.
Sorry for not posting on Friday this was my week:
Let’s start from what went down at the beginning of this week. Working out is so, so difficult right now. I am in so much pain, and working and working out twice a day is killer on me. I was alo in a little rut this week of the month, so I will hopefully be ready the next day.
Monday I was doing the best that I could, but I was also out riding my horse in the evening when it was cooler. I put on a good ride and my legs were screaming. But I think one of the best parts were I got to see one of my favorite people in the whole world. She is addicted to horse riding and I only see her once a year for fair, and it was amazing to see her.
Look, personally I am a goal oriented person and I am doing things all the time. It is so hard to be self motivated sometimes but I find that without even knowing I have to be around people that work hard and are goal oriented to and have a good energy that helps me. Most of my friends in school are honestly too young to be as self motivated as me, but they feel me with good vibes, but my older friends really push me and help me to push myself. It’s all just good vibes and it makes me happy.
We worked really hard on my horse riding skills so I could kill showmanship, and I gave it my all.
The next day was the horse show. I was up bright and early, got down to the show. My beautiful boy Halo was all ready to go. We won second in advanced, second in trail, second in equestrian, first in western pleasure, and first in horsemanship. It was amazing, I gave it my all, and I had such a good time. I was with this family that I only see once a year but all we did was lift each other up and congratulate each other, and we had an amazing time. Good vibes.
Wednesday, Thursday were surviving, but Friday. Friday I got to see somebody that I love very much. We have known each other since I was 9. She graduated this year and I absolutely love her. I slept over at her house for what was supposed to be one day, but ended up being two. We were clipping goats for fair, and I will tell you, that binds friends together. It was so amazing to be with her, and around her good energy. Her sister is also amazing and made funnel cakes. Uuuuugh so good. Because we’ve been going to fair together for years I felt comfortable with her family and their was no awkward period where you try and be on your best behavior, it was all super chill.
Nothing but good vibes and lots of goats. I can’t wait to see her at fair in a week, and again before she leaves to college.
Saturday and Sunday were spent clipping goats. My allergies were going off. But it was great being with those people and to sleep in my own bed.
So anyways that’s why I forgot to change the pictures a few days ago and yeah. Wow I’m such a good writer… and yeah. Okay I should stop while I’m ahead, catch ya on the flip side.
Hello my people. Ha! I feel like Jessie Paege… (one of my favorite youtubers). How are you? I hope you’re having a nice day. I am back at it with another Fitness Friday, and as most of you may know, I am training to be on my high school’s cross country team.
Cross Country is a sport that requires a huge physical commitment. Now I’m no skinny gazelle with a high metabolism… Ha! Ha! No my friends last time I was weighed, I was weighed in at 173lbs. I’m very proud of my body no matter what the number is but when most people hear that I weigh such a high number they are quite surprised.
Cross Country is honestly a killer for me, but I wanted to do it, so I’m doing it. Lots of people don’t think I can do it, including my coach, but it doesn’t matter. I have my great friends and my parents who support me. So this is my Fitness Friday on how to make the cross team.
Disclaimer: I am not at all a expert on this topic, and my methods differ depending on your body when training and preparing for cross when our school starts.
- Cut the crap out of your life: You should be eating decently healthy. Personally I believe that it is okay to eat dessert or something every other week or just once in awhile. I mean it’s summer! But it’s also not mission impossible to look up healthy recipes online. A youtuber that I love to watch is Kalyn Nicholson, and in her most recent vlog she discussed how she read that to start or break a habit takes about 60-90 days. So she’s starting he health food challenge where she can only eat whole foods and nothing processed for 60 days. I decided to do it with her. Don’t get me wrong, I’m so gonna eat some processed food while I’m doing it because it’s summer. But I decided I can only do it 5 times… and the challenge ends on August 19th so… Comment bellow if you want me to do a Fitness Friday on healthy recipies that actually taste good. Cross country runners also have to drink more water than free willy. When you’re running long distance you need to be hydrated and you don’t run with a water bottle in your hands. You need to be so hydrated that your pee is not yellow, it’s clear. My friend Andrea and I will always laugh because we’ll be like ‘yo my pee is so clear, like literal cross running pee goals’.
- Set a schedule and do it! Most people during summer are lazy, but personally I’m always tired. My dad pays me for working for him by not doing little chores and stuff but by doing actual work, and chores. But by making a workout schedule I stick to it better. I workout twice a day. I do a mile run to warm up then I workout. Then in the evening I come back in, and I run again but this time it is a full endurance run.
- How to schedule it: So, our coach told us that we have to be able to run 5 miles before school starts. We will practice during the school year by running 10 miles, and average cross races are 3 miles with huge mountainous inclines. As I said before, I workout twice a day, because that’s what my body needs. I’m already in shape, but now I need to be Cross Country level in shape. Because it’s already mid June I’m supposed to be running 2.75 miles, almost three. The idea of this is that I increase the amount of miles I run every week. So next week I will be running three miles, then on Wednesday 3.50 then on Thursday 3.75 so next week I can run 4 miles then gradually increase once again. I’m usually busy doing stuff, so if I manage to do this I suld be running roughly 7 miles by the time school starts.
- Apps that help: I live by these apps for working out and keeping me on track. Nike Plus Training Club. This app has pre made workouts and categories for what you want to do. It tracks what you do, and also has achievements that keeps you motivated all the time. I am doing a four week endurance workout plan. I am on my second or third week now, I forgot. But you can put in what equipment you have, if you want to have runs in, how many times a week you want to work out, and more. I am doing the endurance week to get better for my running. I can change my workout schedule whenever I want, and I normally add recovery days where I have stuff going on. I have tried the whole workout app thing before but this one works it doesn’t feez and its consistent. (It’s also free.) The second app I love is Nike Plus Run Club. I use this to track my runs. It has a setting for indoor treadmill as well as running outside. You can set up the app to have a goal of going for a run for a certain amount of time, or distance, or you can do sprints where you put in the amount of time you want to do sprints for, and it tells you when to sprint or walk. I also like that this app doesn’t glitch, it syncs with the training app, and there’s someone telling you during your run if you’re at your half way point or how close you are and what your numbers are. At the end of the run or workout you put in how much effort you put in, and you can leave notes, I leave notes on my run to motivate me for next time. Even when I’m having recovery days, or not feeling into it I get an alert encouraging me to run.
- Inspiration: Inspiration is key and necessary if you’re gonna push yourself through this task. I find that Pinterest is where my inspiration lives. It also lives in my epic playlists that help me survive almost every run (Spotify ispat1000). I also have lots of inspiration from Instagram. Following people like Mackfit, and Pump Up, and seeing the amazing things these people can do really motivates you. Pump Up is another workout app that you can create custom workouts on. I don’t personally enjoy it because it always glitches in the middle of workouts on me, but Pump Up is also it’s own inspirational social media site for fitness.
- Cut the crap out of your life part 2: When you are running long distance, you tend to get tempted. Tempted to walk, tempted to stop, tempted to quit. You shouldn’t quit. Your mind starts to become your worst enemy because although everyone on planet Earth depends on music to get through a run, you can’t listen to music and run. You have to be self motivated, and you have to fight the demons that are telling you that you can’t do it. It takes a lot of work. Hell I started listening to everyone who said I couldn’t run, and then I ended up running my first 3.50 miles when this week all I have to run is 2.50 or 2.75. That’s basically running a whole mile ahead of schedule. I’m so much stronger than I think I am and so are you. So don’t give up. As Andrea likes to say “Pain is temporary”. But what really gets me through is “I can do all things through God who gives me strength” and it’s so true so if this is something you want, go for it girl! Never give up.
Cross County is really hard, but so is everything else in life. I told myself I wanted to do this, and so I’m doing it.
Shoutout to Melvin, a close friend of mine that recently told me that he loves my blog and always reads it and genuinely enjoys it. I haven’t seen him in over a year, and him saying that meant the world to me, so thank you love. Also shoutout to everyone that has been liking and subscribing to my blog. This blog means the world to me so I appreciate everyone that likes, comments, and subscribes to be a part of this with me.
Thanks again, and I’ll catch ya on the flip side.
Hi guys, so… it’s been two months since I’ve written a chapter of The Telepathy Twins. I realize I also have some new followers since then to, which is totally cool.
The Telepathy Twins is a story about two twins with powers. Adam and Adla. They’ve been through alot together, constantly moving since they were little kids takes a tole on a person. But it also bonds these two siblings together. Ever since the death of their close family friend, they’ve been forced to scatter to different places together and finding more about themselves, their powers, and their background. They meet up with various people along the way too that shapes them into who they are.
In the last chapter, Adla and Adam leave Bert, a kind man that took the kids in, and gave them some money for working with them, and made their way to a motel. Using their powers to get in they finally get some peace before they’re on the move again.
I’m not done with this story yet, that’s why this a chapter review not an actual chapter, but you can expect more from this story in the future. If you want to read some of the past chapters, just click on the Short Stories tab on the menu and scroll all the way down to chapter one.
I apologize for dragging this story out so long, and for dropping if for a while, but I think you can understand why with all the where I’ve been posts. Same with my Instagram, but I’m starting to post on that avidly aswell, and I’m also posting previews of some of the new pictures to be expected when you see the blog page revamped for July and August (@thatgirlissie). If you like the stories feel free to read more, if you have any ideas for new ones, leave them in the comments below,and if you find me tolerable please like and subscribe for more.
I guess that’s about it, catch ya on the flip side.