Hey guys, it’s Issie so today I wanted to talk to you about going back to school. I have to do it, sadly. I hate going back to school, but that’s just me. Anyways one of my BIGGEST struggles in school, well I have many when it comes to school but one of them is eating. I have livestock and I love doing my makeup for school, so I never have time for breakfast, I also never eat lunch because maybe I don’t have money, or I don’t want to eat the crap they call pizza (but we all know it’s not) so then I go around begging for food all day, and when I do finally get home I binge and I watch all the YouTube videos in my subscription box and eat everything in sight.
That is so bad for your metabolism, because eating proportional meals around the same time every day actually boosts your metabolism, and that’s what gives you a flatter belly rather than eating one meal a day or crash dieting.
So because of that, I’m going to list some easy healthy recipes for breakfast and lunch.
Now before I start I’d like to mention I love to meal prep, meaning I make the meals on Sunday so I don’t have to make them throught the week.
- Toast a piece of bread, cover it with peanut butter (or nutella but peanut butter is healthier, remember to use it sparingly.) And cover it with whatever fruit you have in the house, maybe some chia seeds, or honey, or granilla. This is a light breakfast that gives you protein.
- One of my favorites is greek yogurt, but you can add strawberries, berries granola, chia seeds and more. I find that when you have a bowl of yogurt with fruit, I can last for hours because of the protein.
- Oatmeal, everyone knows how to make it. I personally like making it with pieces of green apple and adding cinnamon, and with the rest of the apple I have it as a side and I put peanut butter on it too.
- This isn’t exactly food but I love making a good green tea in the morning. Green tea can clean out some of your toxin as well as it gives you a slight caffeine boost if you are someone who likes drinking their tea with sugar, try replacing that with lemon juice instead. The lemon juice is also good for your system, and it clears out your skin.
Now all of these breakfast ideas aren’t exactly good ideas to meal prep because they won’t stay fresh, but that’s fine because all of these ideas take less than 10 minutes to make.
Lunch: (now this is the stuff you really meal prep)
- Turkey wrap- take a tortilla add some cheese, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, turkey, and whatever else you want. This is an easy meal to make, and it is easy to meal prep. I’d also have that with chips and hummus or whatever other side you want.
- Noodle salad- with one of those kitchen aid things that makes you cut cucumbers into noodle form. I make lot’s of salads with just one cucumber and add whatever other items you like in your salad. Personally I like adding some meat to mine, but that’s just for some extra protein.
I also add a small snack in with my lunch because I am always starving towards the end of the day.
School can sometimes suck, and although this post isn’t exactly exciting I hope you guys are eating well, and feeling good. Hope you have a good year this year too.
Catch you on the flip side!